On this latest trip I have experienced four airports- Montreal, Amsterdam, Dubai, and JFK in New York.
This trip really made me think about who is living in the first world and who is not.
So here is my list of the good and the bad of each airport that I experienced. I think I will be blogging this info regularly.
· Montreal- free Wifi- why can’t everyone have this?
· Amsterdam- cleanliness, special quiet areas with seats that are ressemble lounge chairs and you can acually sleep in
· Dubai- Beautiful airport, clear signage, clean, shopping- I don’t smoke but a carton of cigarettes was under $15!
· JFK- I am trying to find a good thing about JFK- really. Maybe the fact that you can connect to almost anywhere through this airport- but I suspect that Schiphol and Dubai airport have similar capacities.
· Montreal- when you land in Montreal, depending on where you arrive, there is a very long walk to customs.
· Amsterdam- The lineups to get into the aircraft at the gate were very long- over 40 minutes from when they started letting passengers in the plane. Surprising that they can’t find a better way to do this.
· Dubai- Lineups- at passport control and again to get a taxi there is a fair deal of waiting. They should be able to figure out a better way
· JFK- There are many bad things about this place. Firstly, the airport is very confusing. My ticket did not have a terminal listed and I had to ask which terminal to go to. Secondly, when I arrived at the terminal there was noone to help and I ended up waiting in the wrong line for 20 minutes (and I usually know where to go). Lastly, the airport is a mess, with old dirty carpets- and worse. The last time I was here there were buckets in the middle of the hallway catching roof leaks.