Pros of flying with Delta
- Mileage rollover- I started the year with 12K miles from last year so I only needed an extra 38 thousand to hit gold which I have already done
- Same day flight changes with no fee (within 24 hours of departure)
- Better service- always greeted as a gold elite. this is not something to feed my ego but it is very noticeable
- Lower fees on reward tickets
- Though there arent canadian routes, you can earn Delta miles on Westjet
- From where I live- Montreal- Delta only has 5 direct flights, LGA, JRK, MSP, DTW and of course Atlanta. This makes it more complicated to get to places even on the east coast where I used to be able to fly direct.
- Because of this any flight delays cause a chain reaction- I have had more problems with delays then I experienced on Air Canada, and even had to spend a night in MSP recently because my first flight was delayed so long that I missed the connection.
I'm not one hundred percent sold on Delta, so far they have been pretty good- but the delays can be annoying. I wish there would be more flights out of Montreal to other places.